Thursday, November 26, 2009

Knit Together Designs: Baby's Snuggy Cocoon




I knit this up for a dear friend of mine who just had a new baby!  I had seen a ton of them on Ravelry and thought they were so cute.  Only problem?  Most of the patterns were not free.  I like free!  So I thought to myself... I could do it.  I could make one without a pattern! So here it is.  This is no way a professional pattern write up, so forgive me.  But it is a simple enough pattern that I hope it will not be a problem!
Baby's Snuggy Cocoon
Knit with Universal Classic Worsed LP in Green Meadow (needed about a skien and a half)
Cast on 80 with size 10 ½ inch circular needs 16 inches long.
Join in round being careful not to twist your stitches.  Mark the beginning on the round and knit for two inches.
Purl three rows.
Knit two inches.
Repeat till tube measures about 19 inches.
Next round knit 1, yo, knit 2 together, repeat till end of round.
Knit every row there after for 2 inches.
From here you can do a fancy border or simply purl three rows, unless you want to the end to curl like the top. 
Either crochet or knit a cord approximately 30 inches and weave into the yarn-overs.  Tie!  And there you go --  a little snuggy for your baby!
Pattern & images © 2010 Amy Caroline.



5 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing your pattern. It is very cute, now to find a baby to knit it for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern - just what I was looking for! I am a new knitter and wanting to make one of these for my grand-daughter that is due August 28th! Now - what color should I use??? Thanks again! Beth in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad you like it! Don't forget this pattern too, which is a great pattern for girls: http://knittogetherdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/01/free-rosy-cozy-baby-cocoon.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pattern! I just made a modified version for a friends baby boy and I love it! Thank you sooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute and since my friends baby is due to arrive in Feb so thinking this will come in very handy on chilli nights.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...