Wednesday, June 23, 2010

36 Years Ago...



Many more years than I care to admit, I met someone veryspecial.  At the time I didn’tappreciate him.  I thought I washot stuff.  Just picture whiteGuess jeans and an Authentic Dweebie shirt.  Oh, yeah, and mall bangs, big glorious mall bangs.



It took me a couple of years to figure it all out.  He even followed me to a small Catholichigh school (ok, ok, he didn’t follow me, but somehow we ended up theretogether).  I look back now and amoften amazed at how it all seemed so pre-destined.  Sometimes I think about going back to that old Junior Highand seeing if our old math teacher is there and asking her if she had any ideawhat she started when she grouped us together for Math Battleship.

The truth is this man saved my life.  He swept in and showed me what it waslike to really feel cared for.  Ioften feel sorry for him, having to deal with me and all my baggage from abroken home at an early age and all that that come with it.  I can’t tell you how many times he hashad to look me in the eyes and tell me, “I am not going anywhere.”  I then threaten him that with six kids,almost seven, he wouldn’t get very far.

God has blessed me abundantly.  I can always count on Hubby to set mestraight.  To listen to what I haveto say, to help me figure out my worries, to encourage me when I need it anddiscourage me when I don’t want to hear it.



Today I posted on his Facebook wall that I love him morethan chocolate.  And that is sayinga lot.  Truth is chocolate cannoteven compare.  Chocolate is liverin his presence.

36 years ago today a man was born.  A wonderful man. An incredible man.  Thegreatest gift I will ever receive. Through him all the greatest joys of my life have come.  I thank God for him every single day.



Happy birthday baby. Here is to a lifetime together of laughter and love.  You are my best friend, my love, and myinspiration. 

I love you.


I always have


and I always will.

9 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful tribute to your husband. I hope he has a very happy 36th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!! What a sweet story, all the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your husband! What great pictures - I love the old ones.

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so sweet! Happy birthday to your wonderful husband. I hope he has the best day ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so sweet. Happy birthday to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't comment often, but had to tell you that is just about the dearest birthday message I've ever read. Thanks for sharing with all of us and happy birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a romantic, loving post ... So sweet. He sounds wonderful, and the love you have for him shines through every word. A happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how so very sweet =) and, how awesome that y'all have survived so many years together! Sadly, that is a rare accomplishment these days. It makes me look forward to so many years with my husband =) And, you mentioned in your post:

    "The truth is this man saved my life. He swept in and showed me what it was like to really feel cared for. I often feel sorry for him, having to deal with me and all my baggage from a broken home at an early age and all that that come with it."

    I can totally relate to this, as I come from a broken home at an early age, as well! I feel so blessed to have found my husband who brought me to where I am today - especially from a spiritual perspective! I hate to think where I'd be without him. Hope the birthday was great!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...