Friday, August 13, 2010

Gotta Have Baby Dress

Do you ever get this notion that you just have to find something?  That you literally drive all around town looking for it?  That happened to me this week.


Photo credit: Picperfic aka Marrianne
(pssst... check out her Sucky Thumb Mitts too!)

I saw this pattern on Ravelry for a Baby Dress and I had to make it.  I HAD to make it.  It was published in a Crochet magazine.  I was going to the craft store anyway, so I looked for the magazine there.  Nope.  While Hubby and I were doing a late night ice cream run (don't worry we watched our serving size and calories, lol) I made him stop at Barnes and Noble so I could look.  Nope.  Next day before I went to my doctors appointment (which ended up being something like 4 1/2 hours long... that is another story altogether) I went to my local yarn store and nada.

So when I finally got home yesterday the kids told me to look on Amazon.  Guess what?  Nothing.

So I went back to Ravelry to find out more.  I also popped up a search.  Well, duh, Amy.... it was a UK publication.  I was so bummed!  I thought I was never going to get my hands on that pattern.  But one of the links on the search said something about viewing it online.

It took me an hour online to find it, buy it, and have the pattern in my hands.  I had to buy the whole magazine in British pounds, thank you Paypal for converting my dollars into pounds!  You can check it out here: Inside Crochet.

After spending so much time trying to get that pattern I wasted no time in finding the right hook and yarn in my stash.  I did my gauge and got to work!  I honestly had a lot of things I should have been doing, seeing as how the annual Saint Anthony's Festa is this weekend, but I couldn't help myself.  It is coming out a bit small, I think, despite my gauge being a wee bit too big.  So I may have to make another...



This dress has become my obsession.


1 comment:

  1. I think that is the sweetest comment I have ever gotten! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...