Thursday, August 12, 2010

Someone Say Smoothies???



We LOVE smoothies around here, so I thought I would share with you some of our favorites:


Strawberry
Fill blender to about 3/4 (a little less) with frozen strawberries.  Fill with skim milk till completely covers fruit.  Add 1-2 packets of Truvia.
Blend.  If too thick add more milk.  Once combined add about 5 ice cubes one at a time.
Serve!

Banana
First off I would like to say that I am not a big banana fan.  Don't know why, I think it is the texture, but I really like this smoothie.  I often take this one over the others!
Slice 2 frozen bananas and toss in blender.  Add 2 Tablespoons of natural peanut butter and 1 Tablespoon finely ground flax seed.  Fill blender to a little more than half with skim milk and blend.  Once combined add, while blending, 8-10 ice cubes one at a time.
Serve!

Orange
You could almost claim this is a homemade orange drink that you can get at the mall... if you know what I mean.  I got the original recipe here at: Catholic Cuisine but adapted it for our family, using 2 packets of Truvia instead of powdered sugar and usually forgetting the vanilla.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! And I love your pretty drinking glasses and glass jars with flowers in them! =)

    Sorry if you get this twice! Blogger was giving me funny error messages ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't the sunflowers great??? They are from Daisy's Mary garden! They are exploding everywhere and so pretty!
    The glass, I have to admit, is the only one left like it in our house. We are all clumsy around here and go through glasses like there is no tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...