Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Yarn Along

I have been wanting to do one of these for the last few weeks and have missed out each time!  I found Ginny's blog Small Things just two weeks ago and she creeped me out when I read her conversion story... we had quite a bit in common!  It was trippy indeed to hear that I wasn't the only little girl who went to a Christian horseback riding camp, gave my heart to Jesus, and still felt like something was missing!

Since I am flat on my back and not able to do much crafting or photo taking, I really have nothing new to show.  I can show you a picture of what I am working on, but it is an old photo.


So imagine all those squares crocheted together with a green border around it and then a row in that reddish color...  Nestled prettily beside it is a copy of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, which I just finished last night.  I really liked it!  There was one or two things that were not necessary to the plot but all in all I really loved this glimpse into post WWII Britain. 

So hopefully next week I will have something far more interesting for you!  Until then...

5 comments:

  1. I love your squares and look forward to a picture of the finished product! I'm happy to find your blog again, I lost it during my move last spring but I remember you from Shower of Roses! Congratulations on the new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors in those squares. I want to make a blanket in a big way. Blankets seem to last a long time. Very pretty!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get used to you having two blogs! And now I have to find out why you are "flat on your back." Oh dear!

    Pretty squares! They are going to make a lovely afghan!

    And I enjoyed that book, too, but I agree with you, there were a couple things in there that just didn't pertain to the story. Thankfully, nothing overly explicit, though .... All in all, it was a very charming read.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such happy squares. Some day I will have to learn to crochet. I'm still getting the hang of knitting.

    Blessings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, apple dapple! It is good to find you too!!

    Little House,
    It is a baby blanket, which is not nearly so bad. The only big blankets I have made were the 5 1/2 hour blankets on Lion Brand, lol. I lack patience too.

    Thank you Sarah. I wish the pictures came out better though... I am now rereading Jane Eyre ( I think... if I don't change my mind, lol).

    Elizabeth, I started with crochet and then a few years moved on to knitting. I am glad I know how to do both, but I now how to do more things with crochet... but I am working on it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...