Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yarn Along ~ March 23, 2011

On my needles? I am still working on those pants, I think it will take me the rest of my life.  Maybe my grandkids can wear them when they get to be teenagers.  The other thing (isn't that purple yarn yummy???) is a pair of socks.  Another challenge for me.  I am hopeful I can finish both socks... someday!  My goal is before Easter.

I am almost finished with my homesteading lady book and am thinking about reading Walden by Henry David Thoreau next.  I have never read it but, it has been coming up a lot lately (the last time while watching Off the Grid with Les Stroud), and figured it was probably about time I cracked it open!  But, I thought I would share with you this week a little nifty magazine I picked up.  I almost bought it once a few months ago, but the name really threw me off.  I was worried it would be some pro-pot magazine or some such thing.  In all reality Mary Janes Farm Magazine is a pro-frontier kind of mag.  This one is all about chickens whihc I thought would make my mother-in-law smile.  After all, there is actually a pattern in it for chicken nappies.  Yes, that is right... chicken diapers!

For more Yarn Alongs check out Ginny's blog at Small Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...