Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ May 10, 2011

IMG_6681

Outside my window...

Crystal blue sky!  I am thinking we will have lunch outside today.


I am thinking...

How novel it is to make my bed every morning.  After a very long time my husband is finally back on day shift.  No more telling the kids to be quiet all day so that he can sleep after working all night long.  It is truly an answer to our prayers!

I am thankful for...

Other than the above?  LOL  Seriously, I cannot tell you how thankful we are for Hubby to not be working graveyard shift anymore.

From the lesson plans...

A lot of work!  I am planning on schooling through summer.  We will be doing  light load now until maybe mid-June or July and then we will be kicking off the “new” year.  All the big kids are working on their final projects now and they are due the first week of June.
I am determined to be prepared for the next year.  The last two years have been a bit odd around here, so I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible.  Not in timelines, mind you, but in what I expect to be done.  I have listed the books that the high-schoolers are required to read and have already assigned paper topics to each book.  They will also have optional books they can read to go along with our historical time period of the Middle Ages.
For the younger ones, I am making plans for the Alphabet Path.  I want to be a little more orgainized than I was last time and try to weave in more activity and projects, rather than foods.  My waistline will appreciate it, I hope.
My poor middle schooler… I have yet to really make plans for her.  But it is coming…

From the kitchen...

I am looking into make some Lemon Blueberry bread for breakfast tomorrow.  I saw this on Facebook yesterday too, and think that it is something that we will need to try: PMS Cookies (lol)

I am wearing...

Jeans and a t-shirt.  Oh and a pair of fuzzy stripped socks.

I am creating...

Since summer is coming and Sweet Pea needs clothes I am working on making her some dresses.  I am crocheting up another Baby Dress from Inside Crochet.  I swear it is one of my favorite patterns!

I am reading...

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.  I, of course, am loving it.

I am hoping...

To have a few things resolved this week.  Some prayers would be much appreciated. 

I am hearing...

An airplane soar across the sky outside my window.  The kids playing in the front yard… and, ah, there is Sweet Pea waking from her nap!

Around the house...

Lots of Saint Damien paper dolls floating around.  We laminated them this morning after reading about this incredible saint.

IMG_6059I am going...

To have to buy milk.  We go through it like there is no tomorrow.  Funny thing is we don’t really drink it.  I just do a lot of cooking from scratch and everything seems to call for milk… well, that and in my coffee.
I am also hoping to stop at the fabric store to get a pattern for those dresses I mentioned and some fabric!

One of my favorite things...

Baby kisses and homemade Mother’s Day cards.  Have I told you how much I love my kids?  Sigh.

I am praying for...
My Daisy.  We are still waiting for an appointment for her surgery.  It seemed like they were in such a hurry and now we find ourselves waiting.  I am not good at waiting.

A few plans for the rest of the week...

Buy Milk.
Do some sewing.
Play with yarn.
Bunco.
You know, the usual.


A picture thought...

IMG_6849
Picture Hubby took of one of the chickens.  He put it on a mug for his mother for Mother's Day, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...