Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Homemade Wipes

I used to do this along time ago, but when Bear started having troubles with cloth diapers, I stopped using homemade wipes.  I forgot how much I like these better!

All you need are some old burpie blankets.

IMG_5147

Cut them to desired size.

IMG_5137

I thought about doubling them up and making them thicker by sewing them together (a serger would be perfect for this) but I kept having trouble with my machine, so I said "Forget it!"  Anyway, if you do this, I recommend ironing them first before you sew them together, and trimming them to match.

IMG_5158

Now for the recipe.

In a water proof container (old wipes box or a tupperware dish is perfect) mix the following:


  • 1 Tablespoon of Baby Shampoo (I LOVE Burt's Bees)
  • 1 Tablespoon Baby Oil
  • Several drops of essential oils (lavender is perfect.  I also add just a few drops of tea tree, but some babies are sensitive to this, so be careful)
  • Approximately 2 cups of boiling water


After mixed add your homemade wipes.  Use a spoon or some such thing to push wipes down.  Don't forget the water is hot (I know you know, but I gotta warn you).

You can use them right away, but remember they are HOT.  So I would wait awhile.

When I made up my batch today Bear made the comment his wipes were hot.  He then giggled, so I don't think he was too upset about it.

All you do is throw the wipes in with your cloth diapers and wash like you do your diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...