Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Yarn Along ~ August 20, 2011

I have not been working much on my knitting this week.  I have actually been reading a lot from three different books, which I usually HATE to do.  I don't like reading more than one thing at a time, but lately hat is exactly what I am doing.

IMG_5748


I am almost done with I Capture the Castle.  I really liked it and had a hard time putting it down, but as I am getting closer to the end I am not as happy with it.  Hopefully it will pick up again.

I am aslo still working on Heaven on Earth, I really love this book.  I am going slowly on purpose so I can gain as much as possible from it.  It has really sparked an intrest in me about Waldorf education.  Almost to the point of frustration because I like it so much but don't know enough to incorperate it in our learning!!  I guess I better keep reading.

The OTHER book is Haystack Full of Needles. I just got it on Tuesday and have already ready a few chapters.  I know that change is coming to so many things in our lives right now, not just baby boy, but so much, that I am thinking this might be a good book to help me focus!

I am still working on Sweet Pea's cardigan, but my mind is starting to reel now that I know we are having a boy.  Not just with names, but things I would like to make for our new little man... so many projects!  And with Christmas coming... YIKES!  I don't know if I will ever get it all done!

So what about you?  What are you up to?

5 comments:

  1. I loved reading Haystack Full of Needles last school year. So good and very incouraging! You'll have to tell us what you think when you're done! I know what you mean with reading several books at once. I'm the same way, though I always seem to have more than one going.
    You're crazy fast with getting these Yarn Along posts up! I'll be lucky to have mine up by the afternoon, lol. :)
    God bless you and the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Capture the Castle last year. Crazy that I don't quite remember what happened...
    Have fun dreaming about little boys and little boy knits! So many great knitting plans here too - so hard to know what to do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read and loved Capture the Castle years ago... but I also don't quite remember it! But I do remember I loved it, so I hope you will too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, want to know a secret? I figured out that Ginny posts it at midnight her time, which is 9 pm Tuesday on the west coast. So I just post mine then and get the link up real quick, lol.

    Shhhh...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Haystack, but it's been so long since I've read it. I'm going to re-read it. That yarn looks lovely!! I just bought some wonderfully soft yarn today. Caron. I can't wait to cast on...but I'm like you..one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...