Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yarn Along {Sept. 14, 2011)

For more Yarn Along Goodness visit: Small Things

IMG_4665

Sorry the picture is so dark, I meant to go outside and get a nice light shot, but I had to clean my bathroom.  I know!

Anyway, I finished my tiny tea leaves cardi!  It is blocking right now and Buttercup is very anxious (thank goodness!).  While we were at the children's hospital I started a new cardigan for Sweet Pea.  You can see some of the pattern book there under my fiction book.  While in the hospital I was able to finish the back.  I was quite impressed with myself.

And the book!  I Capture the Castle, oh boy, I like this book so far.  Jennifer at As Cozy as Spring mentioned reading it and I had thought about reading it before, but I am skittish about fiction lately, having had a lot of bad luck. I am one of those saps that likes a happy ending (not necessary, but I think you know what I mean) and nothing to nasty or graphic if you don't mind.  And that can be very hard to come by!  So far it is a delightful read and I am completely absorbed.  In the old days, when I didn't have almost 8 kids, I would have eaten this book whole in about a day or two. 

So what are you crafting?

8 comments:

  1. Working on a bunch of single skein projects right now, but I have a tiny tea leaves queue up for the holidays. I think my 6 yo would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love I capture the castle, I read it a few years ago and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, why doesn't my library have a copy of this book? It sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to seeing the tea leaves!! Sorry you had to spend time at the hospital I hope all i well now. Knitting is such a comfort, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The movie adaptation was great. I can only imagine how good the book is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the finished cardi! What a nice feeling to finish a big project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love I Capture the Castle! If you watch the movie, don't expect it to be like the book... good... but different! Yaay also for a finished cardi. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...