Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Embroidery and My Inner Gypsy

So the last few weeks, aside from way too much stress, I have been taking an embroidery class.  I was hoping to maybe get out and meet some people who, maybe like me, are a little bit into crafts.  The first meeting it was just me.  The next meeting I missed because Bear was sick, and, finally, last night we were all there.  I wish it could have been a few more classes just so we could all get to know each other more!

But, I did have a blast learning some embroidery stitches without staring at my computer.  It is good to occasionally leave one's house after all!

I really enjoyed playing with the embroidery floss and can see how this will really enhance some of my projects or help make things we already have a little more, well, nice!

Here is the project I am working on right now:

IMG_7881


It is from the book Doodle Stitching (author Aimee Ray also wrote this book: Doodle Stitching: The Motif Collection,  which is an incredible collection of embroidery designs as well).

gypsy wagon
You can purchase the pattern to this beauty here
I was just looking at Aimee Ray's blog Little Dear Tracks and saw a designs for the above Gypsy Wagon, which was so adorable I think I might have to get it... soon... I hope, lol.  And then I thought, maybe, with all this stress, I should just buy one of these:

photo credit: smiffysnail who awesomely built this little beauty

... and run away.  Actually I would need about 8 of those to fit me, Hubby and the kiddos, but I think it would be worth it.  And the kids would love to have some horses to pull our wagons.

So look for me, traveling the world in my caravan of gypsy wagons and maybe we could sit by the fire and do some stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...