Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ July 4th, 2012


That is Bear and Kevin bonding over their smart phones.  We were so lucky to have my neice amanda and her husband Kevin come visit a month ago from Nebraska.  I sure miss my Nebraska family, sigh.

Outside my window...
The sun is rising, grapes are starting to grow on our vines as they climb the fence.  Looks like today is going to be hot.

I am thankful for...
Coffee, lol.  I am so tired!  My new favorite drink, since going sugar free, is Cafe Latte with whole milk.

I am thinking about...
Oh, so much!  I am reading another parenting book and it has me thinking.  I am planning a post about it all, since I have read (or almost read) two parenting books in the last few weeks.  Two very different books!  I have also come to realize that I seem to be able to more successfully read non-fiction lately than anything else.  Non-fiction is much easier to put down in mid-thought to chase kids, maybe.


From the kitchen...
We are still mostly gluten-free.  Sweet Pea’s issues came back full force, making us sadly think it isn’t gluten that is causing her problems.  We took her back to the doctor yesterday and we are on a new path for her.  I am still going to limit grains.  Mostly soaked.  But since Lily and I are doing so well off the grains we are sticking to it.  I am down 15 pounds!  Maybe more now… my scale broke, of course.
Oh!  I have to share.  We were out and about the other day and stopped at Subway.  I figured what harm could a six inch sub be?  I should be ok.  Man, after a month of having no grains except for a Saturday morning soaked pancake, that hit my stomach like a rock.  Before we got home I was moaning and nearly ready to throw up.  I felt so bad I went right to bed when we got home and took a two hour nap.
Not doing that again!

I am creating...
Nothing.  I miss knitting so much.  I seriously broke down the other day because I have so little time to do the things I enjoy and make me a calm and happy mama.  Knitting is truly one of them.  I have decided it is time to make me a bit more of a priority.  Not sure that is going to involve knitting, yet, but I have to start doing some things to keep me grounded and calmer.  Too much work and not enough fun make for a very, very miserable mama.

I am working on...
This post.  Most of the kiddos are still asleep.  Tiger is on my lap, Rogue sitting next to me, and Bear coloring behind me.  Just me and my guys, minue Hubby who had to work this… Ok, SERIOUSLY, as I was typing that my husband had to work this 4th of July, he snuck in behind me!  A opossom apparently snuck into the mill where he works and got… well, let’s say he had his own barbeque for the 4th.  Shut down the mill and burned out the lights in part of town!  So thank you opossom for your sacrafice so we can have Hubby home for the 4th!

I am praying for...
My son, who just asked his dad if he brought some of the barbeque opossom home for dinner.  ACK!

I am hearing...
Some very happy little boys giggling about their daddy being home.  I should be following him too, but I am going to take advantage of him being home for a few more minutes to finish this post!

Around the house...
We have been so busy lately that the house is in shambles!  Whoever coined the term “lazy days of summer” obviously never had kids.

One of my favorite things...
Windows.  There are not enough windows in my house and it can make it a bit dreary, even in summer.  But my bedroom has two windows and really is becoming one of my favorite places to read, to nurse…. And did I mention how cool my room gets in the summer?  It is heaven!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Well, I really ought to take the kids to the library.  The big girls are getting ready for camp next week (what am I going to do without them?!?!?).  Picnic this weekend with some friends.  And I need to call some moms to get together for an evening out.  I am not the only mom around here who needs a mom-cation, I am learning!

A few picture thoughts...




These are from my husband‘s concert last weekend with the band CrossRose.  They started at out church and are really amazing.
It was also Lily's first paid photo gig! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...