Wednesday, October 31, 2012

yarn along ~ October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!  Are you ready?  I think I am...

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for this weeks yarn along!


I have mentioned a few times the sweater I am making for my Bear, but have yet to take pictures of it.  I really love the sweater, though I am worrying about the look of the antler cable with the cotton yarn.  I am not that good with cabling.  My stitches get all wonky.  Sigh.  I heard cabling with a needle smaller than then one you are using helps but I am not sure that is working too well this time.



As for reading I am finally getting into Fahrenheit 451.  I have wanted to read this book forever and my two older teens have, but I haven't.  So it is now my gym book... since that seems to be the only time I get to read, sitting on the stationary bike.  Better than watching the constant CNN they have going.  That just makes me mad.  We are also listening to Farmer Boy together.  I love the Little House books. We have never made it all the way through, but I am buying the audio books as we go along.  Most of them are right around 10 bucks and I know we will listen to them again, since this is the second, maybe third time, we have listened to them (I used to check them out from the library).  So completely worth the investment when I have more little ones who will be captivated by these wonderful stories.

Oh and want to see a secret?  I am trying to work on it while the kids are asleep or outside...


There will be 5 dolls in all.  I am kind of excited about them!  Hopefully I can get them all done by Christmas, but Lily has promised to help me if I start running out of time!

On a side note.... Did you know Picnic still exists?  Awhile ago they sent out emails telling them that Google bought them and they were being dissolved.  Well, for those you loved the service, it is now here: Ribbet!  I really like how well it works, though Pic Monkey has some great stuff on it, it makes me computer crash.  Every time I use it lately, it won't load and I have to log out and log back in.  Sad, because I do like there effects better.    The last two I did on Ribbet, after I had to log out of my computer twice trying to do them on Pic Monkey.  I like the colors on the first one better, sigh.  But guess I will have to use Ribbet because, well... it actually works!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely green on that sweater and the doll is off to a great start! I'm trying to craft some Christmas gifts myself - I'm also a mama of 8 so I have lots of gifts to make. :)

    Thanks for the tip about picnik. I enjoy picmonkey but it's good to have more options.

    Stopping by from the yarn along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give Ribbet a try. I've been loving PicMonkey lately. Great shade of green. I just recently finished reading Fahrenheit 451. It's been on my to-read list for forever. It was very interesting and l liked Bradbury's writing style. And I was happy that it ended on a hopeful note. So many dystopian novels do not. Though they make for thought provoking reads, it leaves you feeling a bit depressed.

    Wishing you a blessed holy day. We're heading out the door now for mass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of your yarn for your bear. Will go and check out Ribbet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...