Wednesday, January 2, 2013

yarn along ~ 1/2/13

Usually after Christmas my yarning along, shall we say, slows waaaaay down.  Not this year!  I have a first birthday coming round the corner and I had to make Tiger some fabulous new things.  So I think this month is also going to be filled with some more crafting.  I also have to finish that Campfire sweater for Rogue.  I think he is starting to believe I have forgotten it.  Poor man.

The pictures are terrible, I meant to take them yesterday, but I took them at 5:45 am in the darkness of my little house, so... well, they suck.

So here is Tiger's birthday sweater:


See, I warned you the pictures are terrible.  It is another Antler Sweater by Tin Can Knits.  I think I found a problem in the pattern (I had the same issue last time) in the written antler cable part.   I am not terribly good at charts, so I usually follow the written instructions if there is some.


And of course, the matching hat!

I also had to show you this adorable little creation Lily has been making.  She has been working up quite a few for everyone and all the kids love them!


I love the little rose.  She made one with a bow tie (we are big Doctor Who fans around here, you know) but I couldn't find him this morning.  He is probably in bed with someone!

As for reading... I finished Sugar Queen but that is about it.  The kids and I are still working through the Little House books and are now on The Banks of Plum Creek.  I am really enjoying the time we all spend together every morning listening to these lovely books!

So what are you up to?

12 comments:

  1. what a lovely sweater, love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so talented....so many reasons I wish we lived closer...you could teach me? My grandma always said she couldn't teach me because I am a lefty...is that true? (you must have a lefty in your kiddos, right?)

    The sweater is beautiful and hat too...can't wait to see Tiger in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little owl! Love the sweater too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the photos are fine (I forgot to take mine yesterday as well) Lovely sweater and the stitch definition is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The owl is adorable. I still have not knit a sweater and need to embrace that project again. When I was new to knitting and didn't understand weights etc.. of different yarns, I embarked on a sweater out of lace weight yarn. I'm laughing about it now, but it sure stopped me in my tracks of trying another one for a VERY long time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute owl! That first birthday is going to be something to remember, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! My girls love stuffed animals so much it is ridiculous! Every time they see a different one, you would think they had none. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sweater, it's great! and I love Lily's creation. I especially like that she put a bow tie on one of them- because we are huge Dr. Who fans as well!
    This is the first time I've visited your blog. Thank you for sharing the wonderful homeschooling links. And, thanks for stopping by What We Do and commenting today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the birthday sweater and matching hat! Also, the owl is darling - she should sell them on etsy :) Great header of your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sweater! And the owl is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors, and the owl-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great owl.. I should make one for my friend because she thinks owls are creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...