Friday, February 15, 2013

Fitness Friday

This is the first Fitness Friday post and I am still not sure what I want to do here!  So you will have to forgive me.  It will polish this up as I go, I guess.

I figured there will be a few things I share with you every week and then I will chat about something else going on with this journey of mine.

So in the last week, I have:

Gone a TOTAL of 18.3 miles
  • eliptical: 12.5 miles
  • Cycling: 3.3 miles (only did a cool down once this past week!)
  • Running: 2.5 miles (don't laugh, I HATE running and you will probably never see that one on here again!)
A TOTAL weight loss of: 55 pounds.

I lost a Total of 2.8 pounds in 10 days!

Last 2 weeks
Here is a peek of my weight loss chart since I started keeping track in my Tactio app:

 

I started keeping track of this in July, so not the total weight loss journey.  But I thought you should see this because it gives a better idea of what it has looked like.  Not all smooth like that last one, but it has been a steady decline and a pretty good average of about a pound a week.  Not Biggest Loser, but pretty good for the real world!

So I won't share this every week, because I only measure myself once a month.  I figured yesterday I would measure so I could share with you.   The reason I measure is pretty simple.  You can't always tell what is going on by the scale.  If you workout at all using weights you are going to gain muscle and quite possibly a lot of it.  Muscle weighs more than fat.  So if you are pretty muscular you will weigh more.  Since I do weight training a few times a week (2-3 times) I have gained a lot of muscle, in fact, more than I have ever had in all my life, even more than when I was doing sports (rather poorly) in high school.

Right now I am the same size I was when I lost all my pregnancy weight after having Rose but I weigh 20 lbs more.  Crazy!!  I also believe I am the same size I was when I was in high school, but I can't quite wrap my mind around that...

Here are my measurements for the last month:
  • Waist: lost 1 inch
  • Hips: lost 1/2 inch
  • Thighs: lost 1/2 inch (shrink you evil suckers, shrink!)
  • Arms:lost 1 inch (this is the first sign of loss I have seen in my arms since November!)
  • Upper ribcage: lost 1 inch
  • Lower ribcage: lost 1 1/2 inches!  (This is because I just bought new bras last month, lol)
That was a really good month for me!  I think it was because I doubled my cardio and lowered my weight training.  But that is just my theory!

But this is the big eye opener... you ready.  I am just figuring this out right now, myself.  For a total of inches lost since I started measuring in August 2012 (so 6 months)...
  • Waist: -10 inches
  • Hips: -6 inches (this is from the end of September, I didn't measure the hips before them in August)
  • Thighs:-6 inches
  • Arms:lost -3 inches
  • Upper ribcage: - 2 inches (I didn't start measuring this till October)
  • Lower ribcage: -5 1/2 inches
Whoa.  I have almost lost a FOOT off my waist?  That is CRAZY.    Sorry, soaking that in...  Ok, so, I have also gone from a size 22 (right after Tiger was born) to a 14.  So I have dropped 4 sizes.

Last thing I thought I would share with you is the best link I have found this week.  It is on nutrition.  I don't agree with everything it says, but about 95%.  It is called 11 Biggest lies of Mainstream Nutrition.   Can you figure out what I don't agree with?

Hope this post isn't too messy.  I don't have time to edit as everyone is waking up!! So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...