Wednesday, April 24, 2013

{yarn along} April 24, 2012

It has been awhile since I shared on a yarn along and so you have not seen my progress on my reward.  I don't know why I hear Jafar in my head, "Your reward... your eternal reward."  It really isn't a bad thing!  Maybe because I am feeling a tad guilty making something for myself out of this amazing yarn... not much, just a little.  And yes, you heard me giggle.


I was worried when I started this project I would get overwhelmed and start hating it.  Luckily not so far.  The Tea Leaves is so well written that is makes it a joy to knit up, even this big!  I haven't gotten sick of it yet!

I am taking it a bit slow, so I imagine I will have it done in the middle of summer when it will be too hot to wear it.

Oh and I am looking forward to Tin Can Knits releasing their new book, Handmade in the UK.  Have you seen it?  It looks AMAZING!  My daughter Lily (who turns 16 today) are really looking forward to it!


Oh and reading!  I am finally reading The Book Thief.  I really liked Call the Midwife, but it got really dark, so I am taking a break.  Of course this is a novel about WWII narrated by Death, so maybe trying to escape something dark by reading this is not such a good idea...  Hmmm, I might need to rethink my logic.


6 comments:

  1. The Book Thief is an amazing book. Dark sure, heavy yes but full of hope and good people. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Book Thief, too!!! And your tea leaves will be finished and waiting for fall! Good timing, I'd say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My library does not have Call the Midwife, and I'm loving the series so much that I'm eager to read it (although, I admit to being very concerned about next week's content).
    Your sweater looks scrumptious, I wouldn't get bored with it either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara (praying for Grace) told me about this book years ago, LOVED it...and I don't usually read fiction. (it was researched really good though and could have been something that happened easily)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved the book thief immensely!! kinda dark though so I hope it's not too dark. love the sweet little sweater on your needles:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous sweater in the lovely colour.
    Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...