Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sugar, You Foul Mistress

My weakness...
I know I owe you a conversion piece, but that is going to take time and time I don't have much of that the moment.  So instead you get me complaining about my weight loss journey.

HEY!  Get back here!  Where do you think you are going?  Ok, ok...

Overall, I have lost approximately 70 pounds.  Which is awesome!  I say approximately however because since about last March my weight has been pretty stagnant.  I will go up 5 pounds, down 5 pounds, up 5 pounds, down 5 pounds.  You see where I am going with this.

I started to get lazy.  You see summer is expensive.  It costs a lot of money.  There are camps, trips and little plastic pools to buy.  So the even small price of the family membership to the YMCA became more than we could afford.  So no gym.  Then the smoke rolled in.  Have you ever tried to ride 20 miles on a bike in the smoke?  Yeah, me neither and I am not about to try!

And then... it all starts to roll down hill.  It is so hot and all you can think is how nice it would be to get a mocha Frappuccino with an extra shot instead of a hot cafe latte.  Or you are at the store buying apples and those fancy Hazelnut Crunch Theo bars call out to you.  They say, "I am all natural.  I taste gooooooood.  So that makes me gooooood for yooooooooou."

Liar.

So no weight loss.

I have about 16 pounds left to reach my ultimate goal, which doesn't sound like a lot, but after loosing 70 pounds it is really easy to go, "Oh well, close enough, where's the bread basket?"  No, I haven't been eating bread, although I did out of curiosity eat about three Cheerios the other day to see why the kids get so excited.  They were gross.  Kids are weird.

During this four month teeter tooter ride I have realized one thing, sugar is my weakness.  I have a sweet tooth.  Tony has a sweet tooth.  And when I give in a little, I tend to want to jump in and swim around in it.  I guess that is why they call it food addiction.  I have been seeing online this 21 Day Sugar Detox thing.  Stacey over and Paleo Parents has been doing it and I figured, what the hay, why not!

It costs some money and I have to be honest, it is pretty much our diet except major limits on fruit.  I think, however, that following a plan for 21 days will help keep the goal in mind.  I will have some armor against those Theo bars and Frappuccinos. It also came with some workouts which I can do inside, out of the smoke.  So I am hoping that will also get me moving again.  Moving is so important.  I just have to stress this, exercise is a cure all.  Whenever I feel depressed or sickly, exercise always makes it better.  ALWAYS.  It is terrible because the last thing you want to do when you are depressed or feeling icky is slip on some tennis shoes (the baggy sweats are not a problem), but it seriously always makes everything better.

Oh, I should add, I am not doing this to loose weight. Well, sort of.  I don't plan on the diet making me loose weight.  The goal is to kick the sugar cravings in their miserable behind.  I need to get in control of those cravings.  And back in the right mindset.  So...

Today is Day 1.  Wish me luck!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...