Wednesday, February 26, 2014

yarn along ~ February 26, 2014


Joining with Ginny (and a ton of others!!) to share with you what is on my needles and on my nightstand.  Actually I have been carrying this book around in my purse, just in case I get a chance while I am out and about to read, but so far no luck.  While waiting for an appointment yesterday, I got to break it out, but that was only about three sentences.  You know, you only have to wait if you forget a book or knitting.

I am currently reading a ton of titles!  This Lent maybe I should make it a goal to whittle down my to be read pile!  Hmmm, I don't think that could honestly be considered a sacrifice, since I do love to read.  It just seems I never have tome these days!  This one is Notes from a Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally in a Chaotic World.  I am truly loving it!  I felt a bit of a kinship with her when she spoke about what it felt like to live abroad.  It was a hard road to tow living in another country and you can't wait to get back, sometimes.  Then you get home and wish you could go back!


As for my knitting, I am working a fabulous little shrug for Buttercup's First Communion. It is called Barcarole.  It is a beautiful knit and crochet creation.  It is a lot easier than it looks... then again, I haven't gotten to the crochet part yet!  But so far, I am thrilled with it.  I did struggle a wee bit at the beginning.  But now it is smooth sailing.  I have on occasion weaved in a lifeline too, just in case I make a mistake, on line 1 of the repeating pattern.  Makes me feel a little better in case I have to rip anything out!

 

So what are you stitching up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...