Monday, March 17, 2014

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ Saint Patrick's 2014

Clover!  Saint Patrick's Day!  Pay no attention to my partially painted toes....
Outside my window...
Still dark!  I really ought to finishing up lesson plans and working on a  meal plan for the week, but hey, I thought I would do this in the wee hours instead.  My housekeeping skills are shinning this morning!  
I am thankful for...
Friends!  It was nice to see some of our friends at church yesterday.  We even had a family that doesn't always come down our way visit.  And we met some new friends too.  It is is so important for all of us to get to see people and converse once in awhile in person.  It can do a lot of lift the spirits and make you feel apart of something special.
I am thinking about...
How I really ought to be doing what I mentioned before... Oh and that it is Saint Patick's Day!  I love St. Patrick's day.  This is one feast we are pretty good at around here.

From the kitchen...
Green smoothies with lunch (don't tell the kids it's spinach that makes them green, hee hee), corned beef, cabbage... I love corned beef.  No I don't think you understand, I LOVE corned beef.  I am unnatural excited about tonight's dinner.  They had samples at Costco of corned beef.  I thought it might be heaven... free corned beef?  Really?!?!

I am creating...
I finished Buttercup's shrug!  I am pretty excited about it.  I need to wash it and block the crochet edging a bit.  I finished long before her first communion in May, too!  Go mom!  I am just starting work on an infinity shawl for myself in the loveliest peacock hue.  I will share soon.

I am praying for...
The baby.  I am nine weeks!  I have some ultrasounds coming up in the next month.  There was some extra fluid around the placenta which they want to keep an eye on, but baby and the pregnancy look really good.
I am also still praying for Tony's job.  They bumped back their dates till the end of the month.  People are getting antsy and nervous around the plant.  And it isn't so good for morale.  Hopefully the new company will come forward soon and tell everyone what is going on.

I am hearing...
Nothing.  It is one of my few respites, these early mornings.  I wait until Tony heads off on his bike to work and then I pour myself a rare cup of coffee and have a few moments to myself.  Very important for getting ready for a day filled with laundry, school, and more!

Around the house...
Saint Patrick's day of course!  Pictures to color, CCC movies to watch, Quiet Man, and of course.... get ready for it... CORNED BEEF!

Let the wild rumpus begin!
One of my favorite things...
You thought I was going to say corned beef, but I'm not, even though it is.  I am thankful for my kids.  Which I guess is a no brainer.  But I was really struck yesterday how lucky I am to be a mom to these great people.  How simple things can make them all so joyful.  They don't always get along, but even then... what would my life be without them?  I love them so much.  They are a wonderful reminder of the love that Tony and I have.  How could they not be one of my favorite things?  The crazy wild bunch!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
 Oh boy...
  • Rose's finals week
  • lots of babysitting for Rose & Lily
  • Lily has a job interview (gulp)
  • Flute lessons
  • Confirmation class
  • Saint Patrick's day!
  • Saint Joseph's Day!
  • Hopefully a few trips to the gym, too
A few picture thoughts...
We were waiting to go to mass, so I thought I would click a few pictures of the littlest, to keep them distracted.  


Then, I had to audacity to ask Sweet Pea and Tiger to take a picture of them together.  Tiger had other plans....
 

He was having none of it!
Hope you all have a very blessed and wonderful week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...