Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pregnancy Health Goals

And one, and two...
Wow, I have been on a roller coaster since I saw those two pink lines.  For over a year I knew what I had to do to be healthy and stay strong.  But then things slipped and I gained 10 pounds.  Then I found out I was pregnant and put on even more.  I am not sure how much... I am afraid to get on the scale!  It been over a month since I had worked out and my eating is getting crazy.

Is it just me or does food taste better when you are pregnant?

Yesterday, I knew something had to change.  I had to do something!

I have always been weary of working out when pregnant.  You get so many conflicting viewpoints on it that it can easily become very overwhelming.  The general consensus is, yes, you should exercise.  It is after that point where you get people who say, "Just go for good walks" all the way to "I did cross fit for all 9 months of my pregnancy!"

In the past my excuse for not exercising much while pregnant was I didn't want to hurt the baby.  Truth was that I was also morbidly obese and to try and start exercising while pregnant was probably not the greatest plan.  In my case, back then, I should have probably went for daily walks and maybe did some minor little 3 lbs weights.

Now, however, I have no clue what to do!  I am in fairly good shape, despite my month long slump and weight gain (don't beat yourself up, don't beat yourself up...).  I knew yesterday was the day.  I had to go back to the gym!

I was such a goober.  I texted my good friend and my niece and told them I was actually nervous from the parking lot.  But I swallowed hard and got out of the car.  I went in and I got on a bike and I rode 7.96 miles in 35 minutes.  I got a little sweaty I read several chapters in THE BOOK THIEF.  And I liked it!

Afterwords, I headed to the weight room and this was where I started to feel out of my element.  I stared at those machines and I started to worry.  How much weight?  What machines?  Do I look pregnant or do I look fat?  Rose told me I look pregnant.

I knew I should not do all I used to in the weight room.  I knew that due to my back issues I needed to make sure I kept my back strong.  I can not afford another couple months in bed unable to move!  So I settled on the back machine, two arm exercises, and hips.  I will need strong hips too!  My legs get a great workout on the stationary bike.

Which leaves me with the burning question... Will I keep it up??

I decided the best way to combat any falling off the wagon, so to speak, is to try and post about it here regularly.  What that will look like at this point I am not totally sure.  But I hope to share with you what I will learn about exercising and being healthy while pregnant.  As this has to be my goal, that next October for me and my little one to be strong and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...