Wednesday, March 12, 2014

{yarn along} March 12, 2014



Thought I would pop in here and show you what I am working on.  It is a crazy week with lots of appointments and lessons, so while I am sitting at Daisy's flute lessons today I am hoping to make a lot of progress on my Barcole, if not finish it!


Since this picture was taken I have actually started the final row on the crochet edging.  I still have the sleeves to do too.  I have been very pleasantly surprised by this pattern!  It looks very difficult and I was worried about how well I could do it, but so far it is great!

I did make one mistake (of course) and made it too short.  I totally read the pattern wrong.  I have no idea why.  I just kept thinking I have seven pattern repeats, but it was a length thing instead.  I have no idea where I came up with that!  But, I think it will be ok.  I blocked it very aggressively and tried it on Buttercup. 


The book is by one of my favorite authors, Sarah Addison Allen, and is titled Lost Lake.  She had come out with a short story for the Kindle to preclude it called Waking Kate. I haven't started the novel yet, as I just got it for my birthday and I have yet to finish... anything!  My daughter asked me yesterday if I had finished The Book Thief and I had to sheepishly say no.  I love it, but I swear my time is not my own.  I need to train myself to be able to read with noise going on.  I am almost finished with an audiobook though!  Pride and Prejudice is moving right along.  I listen to it while doing my deep cleaning on Fridays and I am so happy to have found it read by one of my favorite Librivox readers, Karen Savage.  She also has done Anne of Green Gables and other favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...