Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ April Fool's 2014, No Kidding!

Light reading for Rose's spring break

Outside my window...
The sun is starting to come up.  It has been blustery and cold here lately.  We also got a lot of rain which was very much needed!

I am thankful for...
Lent.  It really gives me a chance to think about the how and why of the things I do.  It is a difficult time, but a time that helps us focus on how God can be more present in our lives and how He speaks to us in our everyday.

I am thinking about...
Gulp.  I haven't kept one of my Lenten promises.  I know, I know.  It was the veiling thing.  Life has been a bit overwhelming.  My faith is being tested sometimes and I couldn't help but feel that, while I love the practice and everything behind veiling, I was not up to being a crusader right now.  I was actually afraid that standing out right now and making a statement was going to actually harm my faith more than help it. 
Now, I believe that veiling is a beautiful and ancient practice that is respectful of God and His church.  I applaud all women who do it. It is not very common in our region to see women veiling, however, and I just felt completely overwhelmed.
So instead, I am trying not to yell.  I don't yell that much, like in anger, I have come to realize.  I mostly yell just to be heard! Yesterday, trying to get everyone to the table and be heard over playtime was like pinning a cloud upon the sand, so to speak.


From the kitchen...
There is no half and half.  There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth this morning.

I am creating...
a Monsoon.  Sounds pretty cool huh?  I keep making mistakes on it, nothing terrible, but this shawl might not end up just like the original.  I know have 11 more stitches than I should.  I am not sure if this should worry me, or if I should just go for it.  Should I embrace its uniqueness?  If I pull it out that will be the fourth start on this!
I am praying for...
Sweet Pea.  We have to take her up to the children's hospital next week.  There are no pediatric gastroenterologist (whoosh, say that five times fast) within 5 hours of here.  But we finally after years of trouble got a referral and will hopefully find out just exactly what is wrong with Sweet Pea.


And a friend's son who is have some medical testing done.

I am hearing...
Oh, I just heard a door open on the other side of the house.  Someone is waking up.

Around the house...
I woke up this morning and saw a picture of Nicholas Cage on the table.  Apparently he had been in the water chamber of the coffee pot.

I opened the fridge to get out the eggs, and there he was again.  


I opened the dishwasher to get out the spatula... and there he was again!  


He was on the computer, under the mouse... in the spice cabinet!  

It must be April Fools day!  Now I know why Daisy and Lily were laughing so much after I went to bed. *Update... it was Rose!  She surprised us all right!

So, Tony, being a bit of a prankster...


Boy, I am glad I didn't think of it!


One of my favorite things...
Kids with a sense of humor!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
 Don't go there.  I am a taxi.  It is what I do.  I take people here, I take people there.  And hopefully somewhere in between we can get some school done.
A few picture thoughts...
The mornings are still chilly enough to curl up under blankets and read!


Rain, rain, go away... come again another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...