Monday, July 21, 2014

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ July 21, 2014



Outside my window...
Hot, but not as hot as it got last week!  We reached 105 degrees which o this pregnant lady felt more like 501.

I am thankful for...
For all of the generous people who prayed for and donated money to the Snodgrass family.  So grateful and overwhelmed by all of the love people have sent to this family.

I am thinking about...
School next year.  We got really behind last year.  It was not our best homeschooling year and I want to make sure that this next year we stay focused!  With a new baby on the way in October that will be a challenge.  Thinking maybe we should pick a patron saint for our school year, someone to inspire and pray for us!

From the kitchen...
It is too hot to cook.  But I am doing my best.  We celebrated a birthday the other day and there was a lot of baking going on, which made the house hot, hot, hot!  But it was all worth it!

I am creating...
I just finished Posy's first sweater!  I am actually itching to get going on something else, but everything I want to make is DK weight yarn and I don't think I have enough!


I also brought back up the old Knit Together Designs page for all of Lily and my patterns.  I have been trying to fix links and such over there and linking everything up to Ravelry again.

Oh, and in lunatic fashion, I created an excel file with my top ten choices for the baby's name.  It includes popularity ratings, saint feast days, and what they are the patron of.  Further proof the heat has gone to my brain.

I am reading...
I just finished Something Other Than God, which I loved.  I needed this book, badly.  Now I am diving into POPE Pope Awesome and Other Stories and The Sinner's Guide to Natural Family Planning.  No romance novels this week... but it is only Monday.  

I am praying for...
The Snodgrass family and this little bundle growing and growing.  27 weeks!

Extremely attractive shot of my 27 week belly.  I thought, hey, everyone does the chin down,
let's see what I look like to the kids!
I am hearing...
The kid's playing.  No one is screaming, no one is fighting.  But, the day isn't over yet!  :)

Around the house...
Tony is putting a small window air conditioner into the teen's room.  We have air conditioning (kind of), but he unit isn't big enough and it gets really hot in the newer part of the house!  So until we can figure out where to get the money for a bigger ac unit, this will have to do. This time of year with the heat brings out the grumpies, so I am looking forward to smiling faces.

One of my favorite things...
the fact my husband didn't leave me when I took a pair of his favorite old sweatpants and cut them into shorts... for me!  It was so hot and they were old, so I figured...  Hey, they fit me, ok?  I'll get him a new pair... someday.

A few plans this week...
Oh my, so much!  Two dentist appointments, chiropractor appointment for Daisy, a funeral, doctor appointment for Tony.... OH!  And renewing his driver's license.  

So, we lost his birth certificate.  Yes, and apparently two of the kids' certificates too.  Don't ask me.  So in order to renew your driver's license you have to have your birth certificate.  In order to order your birth certificate you have to have a valid ID.  His ID expired, whoops.  So.... I had to order his birth certificate.  When the birth certificate came a week later, it was not for my husband!  Even though the birth certificate we did get was for a man 4 years younger than Tony, we decided it would be best to get the right one.  We are finally in possession of the correct birth certificate, and now we can get his driver's license renewed.

It is always some kind of adventure over here!

A Picture Thought...




She woke up and trotted in wearing her big sister's headband, pleased as punch with herself.  In the background, proof that laminate flooring sucks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...