Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Smocked

Thought I would join Ginny and Nicole this week and show you what I made 
wearing something I made!


As you can imagine I have been deep in Newborn Mode.  After what has been the hardest pregnancy I have had so far, I am still struggling to get back into the groove of life.  I have had lots of ideas for blogging, but of course that is much easier said than done when you have a 4 week old!


So today, after I dressed Posy for mass, I thought I would take a few pictures of her in her dress I knit for her before she was born.  This was a great pattern for those last weeks of pregnancy, (well before I got sick!) as it goes really quickly and it came out super cute.  I also whipped up a matching hat.

I wish I had taken notes on the hat, but I didn't!  I think any beret pattern would suffice, just instead of doing a plain rib, do the smocking rib.  It is super simple and looks really great!  It is kind of funny how it pushes down on her brow and makes her look annoyed!





10 comments:

  1. Oh those newborn days! Such lovely red, it is beautiful. Congratulations on your sweet bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she looks super cute in her outfit! Lovely colour especially for the upcoming season :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Enjoy every second and don't stop kissing those little cheeks! My daughter is 4 months old and I cannot believe she was that tiny not so long ago :-)
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's adorable that the hat makes her look a little grumpy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gorgeous! I love that color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! Love pics of new borns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks so adorable in these beautiful knits! I love the red! It will be great for Christmas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful! And that dress and hat are too gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful, the knitting is beautiful - really Amy, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! (I'm gushing all the way from Texas)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...