Monday, December 1, 2014

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ December 1, 2014


Am I interrupting your shenanigans?
Outside my window...
Baby, it is getting cold outside!  It has been cold and foggy with patches of rain lately, which has been making raking leaves very difficult. 

I am thankful for...
Advent.  I am in much need for a time of peaceful prayer.  Whether I get it or not, we will see.  I am just thankful for the time to focus on our Savior's birth.
I am thinking about...
Too many things, as usual!  I am thinking this Advent I will try and spend more time reading scripture.  I am thinking about birthdays and Christmas gifts... it goes on and on...

From the kitchen...
We are transitioning back into a gluten free Paleo-ish diet for me and Tony.  Yesterday we didn't do to well.  I had a terrible morning, too much soul searching for a Sunday morning before mass, and it ended up in me chugging down a double shot peppermint mocha.  I hate to say it, but I think it was worth it.  It helped me for the rest of the day say no to other temptations like the pizza we got the kids!


I am creating...
Lesson plans.  That is pretty much it.  I have been longing to get my fingers back onto some yarn, but as of yet that has not happened.  I am feeling terribly guilty about not knitting or crocheting anything for Christmas gifts.  I just can't fathom getting it done in only 24 days!


I am praying for...
Some pretty selfish things lately.  Strength of faith for me and my family.  Praying for us to come closer to god together and to understand his will. I have realized that I have been a bit of turtle and that I need to get out more.  My reasons are different from Kathy's but I figured out the gist of why I tend to shy away from getting out into the world a bit more.  I tend towards agoraphobia, I had an issue back in my early twenties living in a foreign country and my husband being out in the field every two weeks for about two weeks.  So I am praying hard about that.  Trying to get out and cultivate friendships, etc. 

I am reading...
Running Like a Girl: Notes on Learning to Run  by a British journalist Alexandra Heminsley.  I also have been longing to get back to exercising now that Posy is 6 weeks.  I am hoping this will inspire me.  I have always longed to be a runner but lack a lot of grace.  I am hoping this book will get me up and moving and possibly running, since cycling is probably out till spring!



I am hearing...
Sweet nothing.  After a few days off and out of routine my kids got a little nutty.  I'm ready for routine again and a little less screaming and running around like crazy monkeys.  Plus Posy has been a bit colicky, so I am enjoying a peaceful morning and a cup of coffee.  Don't worry, I am not planning on it lasting.  I have maybe an hour left, if I am lucky.

Around the house...
Getting ready for Advent!  I put up a lot of our Christmas decorations and made plans for where the tree is going to go.  Right now I am sitting here typing away to the glow of screen and fairy lights twinkling from the hearth.

One of my favorite things...
Christmas lights.  Not anything crazy, mind you.  I just love the soft glow.

A few plans this week...
Back to school!  We have a field trip tomorrow, wish me luck.  Maybe get a Christmas tree? It is also Bear's birthday!  Can you believe my little man will be six tomorrow?  Crazy stuff.

Hmmm, I have said crazy a lot in this post.  

A few picture thoughts...


So when I shared Posy's baptism pictures with you I cropped the actually baptism.  But I had to show you the full picture.  Just look at Sweet Pea.


 All the pictures of Posy getting the holy water, Sweet Pea had this face.  Wonder what she was thinking?

Hope you all have an amazing first week of Advent!  Also I am following along with Catholic Sistas photo challengee for Advent on my Instagram.  So here was day 1~ Anticipation:


My wrinkly plans, using this super cool Advent calendar, and the books I was wrapping on the actual first day of Advent.  I, of course, cannot find my saint Lucy books and I am super annoyed about it.  But putting that aside, here is to the anticipation of Advent!

If you want to follow along here is the line up:


Make sure you use #CSAdvent so everyone can find you!

Have a great week!

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:  If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Ecclesiastes 4: 9-10 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...