Saturday, December 27, 2014

Fitness Friday: Christmas Nom Noms

Whoops, it is Saturday evening.  Well, I will use the holidays as an excuse.  Speaking of which I was naughty, how about you?  Everything was gluten free but, for sure, was NOT sugar free.  And I paid the price.  I felt so sick.  While Nanimo Bars are tasty, I think the sugar coma after was not worth it.

I did make good choices, too!


For Christmas Eve breakfast we had Paleo Coconut Pecan Breakfast Bars.  These were so easy to make And everyone loved them.  Even me, and I am not a huge banana fan!  I also made sure we had some protein too!

Mmmmm, bacon.
But for Christmas Day we had a lovely frittata with roasted sweet potatoes.


For lunch... well, everyone gorged on chocolate, chocolate, and a little more chocolate.  I also made grain free sugar cookies which the children decorated with green sprinkles and mini chocolate chips. 


We decided to go to the movies that afternoon.  It was the first time in a long time we had everyone home at the same time and we couldn't help ourselves.  I was SHOCKED at how many people were there, which was very naive of me, considering so many movies open Christmas Day.

Our decision to go to Big Hero 6 (which was AWESOME, btw) made it so that we couldn't have the Christmas dinner I had planned.  Ok, ok, I was going to put the ham in the oven before we went... and I forgot.  So we had pizza.  Calm yourself!  It was with a cauliflower crust (similar to this one minus oregano) and the kids ate all of it, except Sweet Pea, who was probably full from eating all her treats and some of the other kid's as well!  But my pickiest eater ate all of it!


For dessert we had Naniamo Bars (made with gf graham crackers), fudge (I always use the marshmallow fluff recipe on the back of the jar, without the nuts of course, and I have conveniently lost any recollection of how much sugar was in it... I am lying), but we did have some healthier choices too!  Like this Paleo Pumpkin Pie and Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


On the Feast of Stephen, we had our Christmas dinner, which was a beautiful spiral cut ham, a small leg of lamb, asparagus, and red mashed potatoes.

So all in all, we made good choices.  But the things that were bad were very bad and they ended up being a huge temptation to us all.  The next day, I told Tony I HAD to get out of the house.  I wanted those sweets so bad and even though I knew I would feel crummy after eating some, I still wanted them.  So it is definitely safer to not have that stuff in the house.

After all, when one over indulges in sugar, there is always one thing you can count on...


The sugar crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...