Friday, December 5, 2014

Fitness Friday: What are You Dieting For?

This is probably the last time I went to the gym!
I was reading my incredible niece's blog Moving Mountains Motivation the other day and she asked this question: What are you "dieting" for?  Or do you want a healthier lifestyle?

This was timely for me because I was contemplating the Whole30.  I have been contemplating it for a good while now, even when I was still pregnant.  It really got me thinking, here now, about what I need to do to change the way I have been eating.

The thing is I knew what I had to do to loose weight but, boy, I wasn't doing it.  You see the minute I give in a little on things like sugar and bread I go all in.  I mean ALL IN.  I shocked myself when I realized we went through a 25 pound bag on flour in less than 2 weeks.

Gee, and I wonder why I was feeling so lethargic and icky.

I started thinking, well, I lost weight eating dairy last time, so I don't have to do that.  And I lost weight doing this and that...

And then it occurred to me this isn't about loosing weight.  If I do anything similar to the Whole30, because let's face it, I am not giving up coffee and coffee without cream is coffee lacking all joy and happiness and therefore utterly pointless... oh wait where was I?  Oh yeah, if I do anything similar to the Whole30 it is not going to be as a diet.  It can't be!  It has to be simply a tool i use to get me back on track.  To get me thinking about and making healthier choices.

And that is the bottom line.

And you might be wondering about exercise.  Yes, I need to get back up and moving.  I have been a bit nervous about doing anything big until I can get to the chiropractor.  Since I had back labor with Posy this is a big deal.  After Sweet Pea I ended up in bed for over a month because of a swollen disc and I don't want that to happen again... ever again.  Having a swollen disc is right up there on my list of things to never do again, like getting food poisoning when 40 weeks pregnant.

I won't be able to get to the chiropractor until January because that is when my insurance changes, so I am trying to think slow.  I want to get out walking, but I don;t want to do it alone, of course.  Oh was that an excuse.  Curses! I am doing something that my niece inspired me to do! 


It is Plankmas y'all!    So, it is never too late to join us in our endeavors to be the ultimate planksters.

Hopefully next week, I will update you with some fitness goals!  Until then, are you doing anything to keep healthy this season?  Any new great exercise I should try?  Share in the comments!

Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 Corinthians 9:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...