Saturday, December 6, 2014

On the Feast of Saint Nicholas

We never really celebrated Saint Nicholas Day before 2007.  I think I made buns the year before that, trying to make it special.  But in 2007 everything changed.  That was the year I lost our baby, our very own St. Nicholas.

Ever since I have tried to make it special with shoes by the fireplace and stories about the St. Nick the whole world knows.  Some years have been more impressive than others, of course, but always there in our hearts is the memory of the baby that I never got to hold, except in my dreams.

Nicholas would be 7 this Christmas.  It is hard to believe it has been that long.  I feel sometimes that when you loose a baby, they are always your baby.

I am praying today, that we all have a blessed feast in honor of the patron saint of children and all the little children named in his honor, both here on earth and those in heaven.
 
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Matthew 5:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...