Friday, January 2, 2015

Fitness Friday: A New Beginning

No makeup and decked out in knitwear.  Let's roll!
Welcome to my journey to health blog.  Sorry, it doesn’t have a name yet.  I have been thinking about this for awhile now, but only today decided I needed to start and start NOW.

So why, you ask, am I doing this?  Well, I decided I needed to journal this journey back to health.  I have done this before.  I lost 70 pounds not too long ago.  And then pregnancy came and I gained back 50 of it.  I could not mentally figure out what to do and let every excuse in the book stop me from maintaining my health with my pregnancy. 

So I have weight to loose.  Goals to make.  And I need to be accountable.

I hate to do this at the beginning of a new year.  It almost seems like I am asking for failure.  This is NOT a New Year’s Resolution.  This is a life resolution.  A promise to myself to take better care of me.  I want to have many years ahead of me and I can’t do that if I am obese and eating poorly.  I have to get up and get moving!

So I did!  I took my first walk of 2015 this morning.  My first 2.68 miles of the year.  And I learned quite a lot.  I learned that running is probably not in my near future and that cycling and walking might be my best bet for cardio right now.  My knees and back could not take running.

So this blog is going to be all about healthy choices.  Eating, moving, and living a good and healthy life.  This blog will be all about my journey and will help me to be accountable and to help motivate me to keep going when things get rough.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...