Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ March 24, 2015

Good morning!


Outside my window...
Cloudy and gray.  I can't believe last week my kids were playing with the hose.  Spring, you little temptress.

I am thankful for...
Spring Break.  I need to reevaluate some things and get us organized.  I wanted to do school through the break, but it became obvious I need to get things pulled together for our school.  We may have to do school all summer, but we will get it all done!

I am thinking about...
how Lent often drains me.  It is supposed to in many ways, but I find that near the middle end of the season, I begin to draw away.  My relationship with God moves to a back burner.  I believe this is because I go very gung-ho into Lent and often over do it, to the point that it is impossible to accomplish all my mighty goals.  This then leads to feelings of "failing" Lent.  So I have been thinking a lot about what I need to do to get back my fire.


From the kitchen...
Last week I gave into a glutinous craving and on Saint Patrick's Day I ended up in the ER with horrendous stomach pains.  It was kind of scary.  When the stomach pains started I knew it was the gluten and I was annoyed with myself.  By the next day I was doubling over with the pain and I started to wonder if perhaps it was something bad bad bad.  After a CT Scan and everything came back a-ok, I knew it was the gluten.  So I am going to be much better and smarter eater. 

I am creating...
A cowl for a special lady.  I have another one to make too in less than a month.  Wish me luck.

I am praying for...
An increase in passion for my faith and life.  For confidence and guidance.  I am also praying for my nephew.

I am reading...
Too much.  I have a very bad habit of that.  Opening a book, liking it, but getting waylaid by another thing that interests me.  I really need to stop that.  It makes for a messy nightstand.

I am hearing...
Benny is entertaining Eva by singing her little made up songs that make absolutely no sense.  This one is about slobber.

Good bye, Ugly
 Around the house...
So messy.  But we did get a new door!  Our old one was so broken you could not open it from the outside, locked or not.  It was a hoot.  Trust me, having to open the door for someone who accidentally closed it every five seconds was great entertainment.

Hello, Gorgeous
One of my favorite things...
Dropping things on my feet.  Yeah, I did.  My toenail is scary.  I live in constant fear of a toddler stepping on it.

Seriously?

My new door.  Have I mentioned it?  I am in love.

A few plans this week...
Clean up.  If the weather cooperates I will work on the outside too.  It needs it.  We are those neighbors.  A pile of wood that needs to be split, a trailer that needs to go to the dump, and toys everywhere.  Total white trash.

A few picture thoughts...

The kids were playing with their cars and a great little city mat I got from a friend.  One night they left it all out and the teens decided to caption the whole town.


Some little man stole all the sausage that morning and would not let me have even a bite.  And after all the knitting I have done for him.



And she's OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...