Wednesday, July 15, 2015

{yarn along} July 15, 2015

I'm joining up with Nicole at Frontier Dreams and Ginny at Small Things for this crafty post!


I have not done one of these in ages and, in fact, thinking about it made me pull out my knitting and do a few rows while Bear read to me.  I don't know about you other crafters, but I tend to go through spurts where I don't feel like knitting or crochet.  I know, crazy right?

Seriously though, I know many people who say they don't like working with yarn during the summer especially because it is just too hot to handle wool and the like.


But it sure felt good to feel those needles again and the yarn whipping through stitch after stitch.  It really is a stress reliever.  I mean, learning to knit was stressful, but once you get the hang of it and you see the piece growing, working, and actually creating something it can be such a great feeling of accomplishment, even if chaos is erupting around you!

I have been thinking about picking up the needles for awhile now, but honestly I have been watching a new show, Switched at Birth, and since I have long since been working on learning ASL, I feel compelled to watch every hand gesture in order to learn more.  So it would be a show that is hard to knit through.


As for reading, I am rather proud of myself.  I have done quite a bit of reading so far this summer.  One of my goals this break from school was to read more.  I recently finished The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up an my house is feeling a lot lighter.  Now I am working through a wonderful piece of fiction called A Fall of Marigolds.  I really don't want to tell you too much as it is really just too good to share too much.  But, I will tell you it is about two women who suffered great tragedy, a lifetime apart, connected by a beautiful scarf.  So far I am rather in love with this book.


I am still working on the Riverbank Scarf.  It has been going on 4 months.  I really ought to finish it.

On that note, what are you up to?

7 comments:

  1. That yarn is so beautiful, I knew it would be Madlintosh before I even clicked over to Ravelry! I always have something on the needles, especially for evenings. It's the only way for me to calm down. I hope each day allows you to have some calm knitting time! Thanks for the tip on the book. I just reserved it at our library. They didn't have the audio version, and as I'm almost always listening while I'm working on something, I decided to treat myself and get a real book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really depends on the yarn as to how much I can knit with it during the summer. I can't handle scratchy wool until the Fall. Soft sock yarn, silks and even cotton I have no problem with. Your scarf looks real pretty and the yarn looks like it would be a nice feel even in the middle of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds lovely - really soulful and is going on my list. ;)

    You knitting looks wonderful, so beautiful and the colours are so rich. I agree with you though, about knitting, somedays I love it and others days I questions, why? I think I just love keeping my hands busy and making something instead of buying holds a kind of magic. I usually can't decide between painting or knitting when I have a bit of tree time - or reading!

    I found you through Ginny's blog and glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarf is beautiful, the color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's the prettiest yarn I've seen as I've visited several yarny blogs today. It's going to be a beautiful scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarn you are working with is very pretty. My favorite color. Working with yarn during the summer doesn't bother me as we have central air conditioning. Since I always have a variety of different crafts in the works, there is always something to catch my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color of that scarf! And it's not quite fall - you've got a couple months before you *need* to finish it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...