Friday, August 14, 2015

Fitness Friday: August 14, 2015


Meh.

Meh.

Meh.

I have not lost weight in over a month.  Everything is totally fluctuating around this one very annoying number.  I have come to hate this number.  This number mocks me every time I step on the scale.

I was ready to give up.  Last night I ate a Peanut Buster Parfait.  I ate it.  I ate all of it

Today I decdied I wasn't going to track what I ate.  That I didn't care anymore.

Then a couple things occurred to me.

1. I have been stressed out.
That is an understatement.  I have been dealing with some health issues that made this month a bit of a nightmare.  I should, by the end of this month, have some answers.  I have one more test to go through next week and then I should know where to go from there.


And life with a gaggle of kids, starting homeschool soon, and appointments galore and you have the worst possible environment for weight loss.

2. I have not been sleeping well.
Due a lot to number 1 and a lot of number 2, sleep has not been easy for me to come by.  And it isn't always a good sleep when it does come.

3. I hate summer.
I'm one of the rare number of people who get Seasonal Affective Disorder in summer.  The heat it very hard on me.  I find it so debilitating.  Everything feels harder to accomplish in summer. 

Is it fall yet?? 

4. Perhaps, now that I have lost 24 pounds I ought to lower my calorie intake a bit.
You know this one just occurred to me.  As we loose weight our body's requirements change.  So, I'm going to lower my caloric intake and see what happens.  Not by much, don't worry. 

So, there you have it.  Something to work towards.  I am planning to give myself a jump start by starting a Whole 30 or Sugar Detox, but no white potatoes.  They have been a bit of a downfall for me lately.

I'm also halfway through my Couch to 5K as of yesterday!!  So even though the pounds aren't falling off, I am making strides in running.

I'll let you know how it all goes...

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! Keep at it and maybe lower the calories a little, but don't create unnecessary stress on top of what you have. Stop weighing for a while, if you can. Praying for a peaceful start to the school year and good news! Doctor tests are so awful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...