Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My Veteran, My Hero

Veteran's Day is very special to me because one of the most amazing people in my life is a veteran. 


 I want to thank that man today...


My husband.

Tony joined the Army back in 1993 so that we could get married.  He worked hard and went through some of the hardest and toughest challenges of his life, in order that we could be together.  His sacrifices mean the world to me and I could never thank him enough.

He served our country in Bosnia, during the first 6 months of IFOR.  It was an amazingly hard time.  I am often struck how now that we live in a world of cell phones and Skype or Facetime -- what a gift that would have been!  There were weeks I would not hear from him and all I could do was pray he was ok.

It was officially a "peace keeping" mission, but there are stories from that time that he won't even tell me.  He left Bosnia on July 4th 1996 and only stayed in the Army for a couple more years.  


People often say that there are not words to express thankfulness, and that is more true than I can say here.  I don't know if I could ever say what it has meant for me and our family that Tony served our country.  We are more than proud of the incredible man he is.

 Thank you, Tony.  For you service, your sacrifice, and all you have done for us and our country.

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” 

~ G.K. Chesterton

~*~

I would be remiss in not also expressing my thanks to other members of my family (and there are many) who have served with love and dedication.  I would especially like to ask prayers for my nephew, who is currently on a hardship mission.


THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SERVE & HAVE SERVED
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you to your husband for his service! And to you too, for all the sacrifices and suffering you had to endure as well. Happy Veterans Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...